Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, are one of my favorite cookies, especially when they have a hint of cinnamon. This is my first time making these types of cookies, and I’m really happy with how they turned out. They are healthy, great for a snack, and super easy to make. This recipe is also a great way to get kids involved, especially during the mixing process. I look forward to reading all your comments!
Makes approximately: 40 cookies
Things you will need:
2 mixing bowls
4 baking sheets
1 cup of butter (softened)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 ½ tsp of ground cinnamon (Optional)
3 cups of oats
1 cup of chocolate chips
Instructions for Cookies:
- Using your mixing bowl, mix together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time into the butter mixture before mixing in the vanilla.
- In a septate bowl, add/mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture, until all the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Next, mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Place cookie mixture in fridge for 1 hour until firm.
- Once the hour is up, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop cookie mixture and roll into balls and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Once all the cookie mixture is rolled into balls, take a fork dipped in sugar and flatten each cookie.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool down before transferring to a plate.
Note: I recommend lining your cookie sheet with parchment paper to stop your cookies from sticking to the pan and becoming hard.
© 2018 Sundown Pointe