The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays, because it’s when all of the family gets together. There are a variety of recipes that can be made from appetizers to desserts. This holiday, I decided to get festive and try making Fourth of July cupcakes. These cupcakes are super easy to make especially for the Fourth of July. I look forward to reading your comments!
Makes approximately 9-12 cupcakes
Things you will need:
1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
16 oz. of vanilla frosting
Red and blue food coloring
Instructions for cupcakes:
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box until toothpick comes out clean
- Pull out of oven and let it cool
- Place cupcakes on a plate or a cake container
Instructions for frosting:
- Split the frosting between 3 bowls
- In one bowl, take the red food coloring and add as many drops as needed until the right consistency of red.
- In the next bowl, take the blue food coloring and add a few drops until the right consistency of blue.
- Take your red icing and spread over the cupcakes you want red
- Next, take the white icing and spread over the cupcakes you want white
- Finally, take the blue icing and spread over the cupcakes you want blue
© 2018 Sundown Pointe