Welcome fall. I’ve always been a fan of pumpkin flavored food and drinks in the fall, and knowing fall just started and it’s the season where coffee shops are starting to sell pumpkin flavored drinks, I wanted to create a fall brownie. Pumpkin and chocolate are one of my favorite combinations to use in the fall, because it gets you into the fall spirit. I made pumpkin chocolate brownies for the season. The pumpkin complements the chocolate very well, and gives the brownie a little spice. This recipe is super easy and great for family get-togethers, and you can decorate them for Halloween parties. I look forward to reading your comments! Happy Fall!
Makes 14 bars
Things you will need:
1 box of brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of oil
Two mixing bowls
1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
16 oz of cream cheese icing
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp of powdered sugar
Instructions for brownies:
- Using your first mixing bowl, mix together brownie mix, water, oil, and egg.
- Grease your 9×9 pan and pour brownie mixture into pan.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Pull out of oven and let cool before spreading icing on.
Instructions for Pumpkin Icing:
- Using your other mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese icing, pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in powdered sugar to help thicken the icing.
- Spread onto brownies.
Note: While brownies are cooling, place icing in fridge to thicken.
© 2018 Sundown Pointe