Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite dishes to have on the table during the Thanksgiving holiday. Usually for Thanksgiving, my family and I buy the canned cranberry sauce in order to save time, but this year I decided to make my own. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out at first, but it was very simple to prepare and very tasty! I have included the recipe down below, so you can try making it for this upcoming Thanksgiving.
Makes 8-10 servings
Things you’ll need:
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
1- 6oz bag of whole cranberries
- Add water and sugar to saucepan, and let it boil.
- Add the cranberries, and return to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, and stir occasionally until cranberries are purple, or the skin pops. 40 min for 1 hour for full bag.
- Remove from heat, and let it sit at room temperature.
- Put in bowl and serve immediately, or put it in the fridge until ready to serve
© 2018 Sundown Pointe