Peanut butter pie has always been a favorite of mine. This is my first time making this type of pie, and I’m really happy with how the pie turned out. There are a variety of ways to make a peanut butter pie, but for my creation, I used the same peanut mixture I used to make my peanut butter balls, and just added in the cool whip and coated it with chocolate to make a Peanut Butter Cup pie. This recipe is super easy to make, and is great for desserts and bringing to a gathering. I look forward to reading all your comments!
Things you’ll need:
2 mixing bowls
Melting chocolate (I used Ghirardelli chocolate)
1 9 oz graham cracker crust. (You can also use an Oreo crust)
1 ½ cups of peanut butter
½ cup of butter (softened)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of Cool whip
- Mix peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract together with the Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Slowly pour the powdered sugar to the creamy mixture, but making sure to mix well each time.
- Once the powdered sugar is incorporated into the peanut butter mixture, add in ½ cup of Cool whip.
- Melt two-three bars of Ghirardelli chocolate and coat the crust until crust doesn’t show.
- Place both crust and peanut butter mixture in freezer for ten minutes, or until chocolate is hardened.
- Next, spread peanut butter mixture into crust.
- Melt some more Ghirardelli chocolate and spread on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Finally, crush some peanuts and sprinkle on top of chocolate.
- Place in freezer until chocolate is hardened.
© 2018 Sundown Pointe