Banana Brownies with chocolate chips are a great recipe to make, especially if you have bananas that are going bad. I wanted to try and make these again after not making them for a while, and I was very pleased with how they turned out. It is a great treat to eat for breakfast or as a snack.
Makes approximately 20
Ingredients for the Brownies:
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of softened butter
3 to 4 mashed bananas
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of walnuts or chocolate chips
Instructions for Brownies:
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 9×13 glass pan.
- Mix together the following ingredients until creamy: sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs.
- Add bananas and vanilla extract.
- Blend flour, baking soda, salt for 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Ingredients for the Brown Butter Frosting:
1/2 cup of butter
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. milk
Instructions for Frosting:
- Boil butter until light brown.
- Remove from heat, and whisk together the remaining ingredients: powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Spread the frosting over the warm bars.
© 2018 Sundown Pointe